Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Growing Pains

Everyone everywhere in every moment is growing and learning from their personal experiences. We all have trials and tribulations in life that cloud our mind, force us to work through our issues and grow as people. Never underestimate the power of genuine conversation. I think we help each other grow more than we ever truly realize. The positive people i have surrounded myself with over the last few years have helped to support me during dark days and encourage me when I'm chasing the light. I owe them everything, and can only hope that I've given the same to them in return.

Never in life have I felt more content. I spent so long trying to figure out who I am, not realizing that I just am. There's no need to define myself, or place myself in some type of metaphorical box. I am multidimensional, complex and simple all at the same time. I know what I like, and I know what I don't like. This contentedness has brought me happiness that I've never truly known before. I've never been more comfortable in my own skin.

I've spent most of my life looking at all sides of an equation, like a typical Libra, rendering me often unable to make a decision. For the past few years I lived in a state of paralyzation, afraid to make the wrong decision and therefore choosing to be stagnant and make no decision at all. I have a new clarity about life that has freed me of this and it feels absolutely incredible. Clarity about life and certainty that I will live it right, it's all I've truly needed.

Anywho, here's what I wore today ;)



Gold painted sweater - Forever21 online capsule 2.1
Burgundy velvet skirt - Forever21
Lace trimmed knee highs - Fredrick's of Hollywood
Black fingerless gloves - Forever21
Black combat boots - Goodwill
Acid wash denim backpack - Urban Outfitters (sale!)

Meow, xo!





3 comments:

  1. i love that gold sweater on you, and you're right, we shouldn't spend so much time trying to define who we are...we should just be!
    xoamy
    www.cupcakesncouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look, especially the studded detail. :)

    x Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look :) Anyway.. I saw that you had problem with your blog feed not showing up on Bloglovin. I have the same problem. Would you please give me a solution? I'd appreciate your help on this :) Thank you !!

    x Chaicy
    www.style-a-pastiche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete